Monday, May 20, 2013

The screen porch

Canyon Lake with Kara, Danielle, & Caroline
This weekend i got to experience multiple of my "happy's," the things that bring me joy and a little happiness...some of these "happy's" included...
  • road tripping
  • being with my Laydays
  • mangos
  • the water and sun
  • screened porches
  • pazookis
  • laughter
The combination of any of these bullets, produces success. I got to spend some sweet time with two of my roommates, and two of my closest friends. There is just something in getting away, seeing new places, finding a change of pace that just enthralls my spirit and beats my heart twice as fast. Probably one of my favorite parts of the weekend was sitting on the screened back porch with my girls, watching the beautiful lake, giggling, and relaxing. We just sat for several hours simply watching the water...its like fire, for some reason it is captivating, you could stare at it for hours and lose yourself in the complete simplicity and complexity of it. And that is what i loved about that back porch, the simplicity, the no agenda, the enjoying the moment of peace and fellowship. I keep wondering why i loved that back porch so much, was it just the coziness of it, the surreal view, the company...and then i realized the importance of the screen. 

The purpose of a screen is to keep the bugs out, the rain from falling, to preserve what is within the parameters of the screen. The screen gives us freedom, freedom to sit outside in a rainstorm and stay completely dry, to relax in peace without the worry of lurking bugs, and to enjoy the atmosphere within the screen that is not worn away from exposure. I love this screen. This screen reminds me of the Holy Spirit, daily giving us freedom, freedom to push the limits despite the conditions, to keep us safe from whatever evil is lurking, preserving the life, joy, and child within us all. I love this screen. This screen daily shows me how to live within the greater plans the Lord has set for me by defying the odds society puts on everything, to seek life in freedom and not fear because i am guarded by a supernatural, superior being, and to be able to count every day and everything joy, because i get to daily see where he is despertely trying to charm me. I love this screen and i will continue to sit within the peace of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment